Monday, May 18, 2009

The Wage Mage and Her Path - Part 2

So, now that I'm a little more coherent, I'll talk about the rest of my path. I got me a few moments; work has slowed down for a bit, so I'll finish this. You know, I should have stayed in the WARP contest, but don't want to commit. It's the slacker in me.

So, did I mention, maybe I did, that I feel like I have a calling? Maybe it was in my first post, FSM knows, I forget. (Scrolls through blog on Blackberry) Okay, it wasn't the first post, but maybe 5 or 6 in.

I feel like I have a calling from a higher power. When I was younger, I thought that calling was for me to be a priest or nun. (Could you see the Wage Mage as a nun? Didn't think so.) I have this call to serve. It's not the same call that tells me to keep at least a county between that damn maypole and my uterus, it's something deeper, like genetic programming, something built in. (The maypole/uterus thing, that's healthy paranoia.)

The closest thing that comes close to the type of calling I have is the Guardian calling. But I don't think I'm a "kick ass, and take names" type of Guardian, okay, MAYBE during PMS week, but that's not me. While I certainly have an attraction to the combat arts, and love picking up a sword from time to time, I'm a terminal pacifist. If someone pointed a sword at me, at least per many of the people I know, I'd spend more time trying to preach the dharma at them than try to kick their ass right back. Then I'd forgive them afterwards.

I think I'm an emotional guardian, a healing guardian, the one that deals with the emotional and listening issues that come with a community. I feel called into service as a counselor and an arbiter. My goal is to be a truth finder and counselor. Let the boys kick ass and take names; I'll clean it up from a different end. I have the useful, and sometimes damn annoying, gift of being able to see both sides of a story and understand why people do the things they do. It's the whole compassion and mercy thing that I can't seem to escape.

It's why I do the things I do. To quote a great Garth Brooks song: "I hear them saying, you'll never change things. And no matter what you do, it's still the same thing. But it's not the world that I am changing. I do this so, this world will know, that it will not change me."

 

 

No comments: